Mold cleaners allow us to keep mold in the best working order. As mold surface is perfectly clean, molded parts can faithfully replicate the mold. Depending on the condition and dirt of the mold, we will opt for the most appropriate mold cleaner. The cleaning is part of the molding program aimed to enhance the overall manufacturing efficiency. In this post we will show you everything you need to know on how properly clean your molds.
Types of mold cleaners
Depending on the condition and dirt of the mold, we must choose between two different types of cleaners:
- surface cleaners. Used in a regular basis after each production cycle. They are designed to eliminate small dirt and in-mold buildup that appears during daily production. They are basically liquid and their application is mostly manual (rubbing).
- depth cleaners.In contrast to the previous ones, they are used when the mold is very dirty or when it is needed to return the mold to its original state after being in production for a long time.
Depth mold cleaner
In case of extreme situations when the mold is extremely dirty and it is necessary to return it to its original state, AITANA CHEMICALS has developed a huge power mold cleaner. Our dry cleaner is based on solid particles that clean the mold thanks to the application of compressed air. It is specially designed for molds with a large in-mold buildup due to the use of oils, waxes, pigments and other production residues. Thanks to its use with a compressed air gun, the mold cleaner manages to penetrate the most inaccessible cavities of the mold. We quickly get the mold back to its original state. Our depth mold cleaner has been specially designed to avoid any damage on the metal molds surface.
Key factors in order to choose high quality mold cleaners
In the choice of mold cleaners we should take into consideration the following things:
- do not contain elements which could damage the mold surface
- free of solvents and other products harmful to the health of our workers. We refer basically to styrene, acetone or methylene chloride very present in this type of products.
- analyse the profitability of mold cleaners from different producers in order to know the real cost of cleaning a single mold.
- analyse the compatibility of the mold cleaners with the rest of the products of our molding system. Basically, analyse how it works with our release agent.
Mold cleaners are used on a regular basis as a part of our mold maintenance program. We should always remember that a good quality release agent will help us to low level of in-mold buildup. It will always be more profitable and efficient to prevent dirt by using a good release agent rather than to spend unnecessary money on the continuous cleaning of the mold. If you want to know more about this topic, we recommend you read our complete guide about mold release agents. Thanks to our close collaboration with strategic partners, we can offer our clients tailored made solutions to clean their moulds. Do not hesitate to contact us and we will prepare an offer according to your needs.